For the fifth year in a row, the StartupBus will be hitting North America. The competition will take place the first week of March 2014, with buses originating from 8 different regions around the continent gathering in Texas for an epic competition.
Being a Buspreneur is a life-changing experience – a road trip that you will never forget. You will be surrounded by the best of the best – the top hackers, hustlers, and hipsters in the world. Fair warning: This is not yo mama’s hackathon.
Be creative filling out the application. Here is where you tell us why you think you’re the scrappiest hacker, hustler, or hipster and how that’s going to help you to go toe-to-toe with some of the best minds in startups.
- Be ready to go the night of March 1 for about a week..ish
- Hotels? You must mean impromptu overnight coworking spaces.
- Once we drop you in Austin, accommodations are up to you and your fellow Buspreneurs. Make some friends, figure it out.
- Ticket cost does not include accommodations, food, drink, or return trip
What does it cost?
- Participation fee for being a Buspreneur: $299
- Accommodation: Varies based on what city we end up in each night
The process of applying:
- Apply: Hit the apply button where we want to know all sort of things about you: like your home city, bus of preference and why you are a good fit for the StartupBus community
- Fit & interview: If we can read your passion, we want to hear (see) it and you will be interviewed, probably on Skype. Just be yourself and you’ll be fine.
- Pay: You will receive payment information if you are approved as a StartupBus North America 2014 Buspreneur.